From: Major and Linda Treadway
Fellow IPs and Former Students,
I hope your summer has gone well and that you are ready for some fall weather. I sure am. As I write, those living in the southern Atlantic seaboard states anxiously wait and watch as Hurricane Dorian approaches. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone that is and will be affected.
Time certainly moves along and it is hard to believe that nearly a year has passed since we met in Biloxi for our 2018 reunion. As you may recall, we decided to hold our next gathering in 2020 in San Antonio, thus Bill and Helga Burns have been hard at work arranging for that event. So here is an early “SAVE THE DATE” notice and a short preview of our plans for that reunion.
Date: October 20-23, 2020 (Tuesday – Friday)
Location: The El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel, 110 Lexington Avenue, San Antonio, TX 78205.
The hotel is located directly on the banks of the world-famous San Antonio Riverwalk in the heart of the contemporary Museum Reach of the Riverwalk. The El Tropicano Riverwalk is a “resort style” tropical themed hotel. Room Rate: $114 plus tax. Self-parking: $16 plus tax per day. (Note: This is the same hotel that we used for the 2012 Reunion. It has been under renovation and that work continues, so we should see a very nice venue.)
Hotel website: https://www.eltropicanohotel.com/
· Enjoy a walk/jog along the Riverwalk’s progressive Museum Reach (just a few feet from the hotel’s front door).
· El Tropicano is the closest hotel to the Tobin Performing Arts Center (across street from hotel) and “El Trop” is utilized by many performers.
· Visit Pearl Brewery – old brewery transformed - a neighborhood that is a culinary and cultural gathering place. Restaurants, Cafes, Retailers and more – full of life and activity – enjoy the walk or take a river-taxi.
· Double Decker 50 Minute Tour (reservation required) Hop-on/Hop-off.
· Enjoy a narrated tour with Alamo Helicopter Tours – from 6-8 minutes, 10-12 minutes and more…view the Missions, Downtown, The Hill Country and more.
· River Walk Taxi Barge - Tour the River Walk – network of walkways along the banks of the San Antonio River lined by bars, shops, restaurants…a great tourist attraction.
· Ready for an adventure from a thrilling down river trip to a peaceful kayak The Mission Adventure Tours offers many unique kayak trips for large groups, corporate tours and team building.
· One Mile to the El Mercado filled with shops vending colorful Mexican imports & restaurants.
· La Villita Historic Arts Village (fine art galleries, stores selling souvenirs, gifts, pottery and more.
· Ten Blocks to Rivercenter Shopping Mall.
· Ten Blocks to the Alamo.
· One Mile from Hemisfair Plaza.
· 8.5 Miles from the San Antonio International Airport.
Additional reunion details and registration forms will be sent out in the Spring of 2020 by email, thus if you change your email address, please let me know. We hope you will make plans to join us and look forward to seeing you in San Antonio in 2020.
Major & Bill
This article comes from Cánh Thép